Looking for sleep. Part II
Some time ago we promised you the Part II of our ‘Sleep rituals’. Part I was all about general tips for a restful night sleep. Here we invite you to read what routines we recommend skincare and body care wise. These all are tried and tested and we hope you find them useful.
1. Take your pampering time in the bathroom. Thoroughly cleanse and moisturise your skin. This helps to relax and communicates a message to your body that you love it and care for it. Use your favourite creams and oils, do some gentle face massage. We recommend this video by a famouse makeup artist Lisa Eldridge where she shares her face massage routine.
2. Light a candle. But please, do not buy cheap aromatic candles – they are full of synthetic additives. Look for natural bees wax ones or soy wax, let the candle burn for little while and then put a few drops of good quality essential oil. We love lavender, jasmine, sandalwood and pine ones. When the candle is blown out the wax will still keep the aroma.
3. Find time for a professional massage once in a while, visit sauna or hammam. It will work as a reminder for your body of 'how to relax'.
4. Massage your body with a dry or wet brush, this one from The Body Shop does a perfect job. Dry (or wet) brushing stimilates lymphatic drainage, expholiates and tones your skin. If you are doing wet brush massage we recommend using coconut oil by an amazing Polish brand Mokosh.
5. Buy a diffuser and lavender oil to go with it. Light it for about 15 minutes before bed so that the air is filled with the calming smell.
6. Use a silk eye mask. It is very useful when travelling but may also help to ease you into sleep at home blocking all the lights. We suggest these by Holistic Silk.
7. Buy or make your own herbal sleep pillow. Put it near your normal pillow letting the aroma cuddle you in your sleep. Ours are handmade and filled with Russian traditional herbs. You can fill yours with dry lavander. Its relaxing scent helps your body and mind to unwind.