Ah, sleep! You are an elusive subject. Sometimes we have very little of you, sometimes just on the verge of ok or almost enough but definitely never too much. That is why it is important to use the hours we have to their very best. Here at Son Trava we know a thing or two about sleep and we figured out ways to get the needed rest. The key is to prepare yourself to sleep, gradually helping your body and mind to be in that state where a good restful sleep is possible. In Part I we are giving the general tips and in Part II it will be more about skincare and body care. Mix and match as you please.
1. Get some fresh air.
Have a stroll. If you are lucky to live near a seaside or a river, it’s even better. Fresh air and a little bit of walking will help you to distance from the worries of the day and are very calming to the senses.
2. Open your notebook or planner if you have one and cross out the things you’ve finished. It is very satisfying. Also write down plans for the next day so that you won’t trouble yourself with remembering them while falling asleep.
3. Open the window to freshen the air before you go to bed. If you can (and we strongly recommend it), sleep with the windows opened. Take two warmest duvets if you must but keep the window opened at night.
4. Put on your pyjamas. This is where we are the experts. It is another reminder to your body that it is loved thus calming for the mind as well. Choose one from our range made of softest luxurious silks.
5. Meditate. We love Headspace app, it is very helpful if you have any troubles getting off to sleep. The founder of this app, Andy Puddicombe has the most tranquil voice and it’s a pleasure to listen to him. Check his video about sleep here.
7. When in bed read something soothing for the soul, or may be something uplifting. True to our Russian roots we love Chekhov’s short stories, poems by Bella Akhmadulina, Marina Tsvetaeva and Boris Pasternak. Share with us your favourite bedtime books.